1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World Denver

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Shaggy, Jan 18, 2007.

1. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Or in Star Jones' belly.

2. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

You and me both.

3. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

I remember thinking that Rachel was hot after I saw her pictures in some Catholic magazine that I subscribed to when I was about 13. Boy, times have changed -- for her, and me.

And I looked up how many Real Worlds there have been: The Denver one is the 18th season. I watched all of the first nine (through New Orleans in 2000). The only one I've seen since was part of San Diego (2004). I'm quite convinced I haven't missed a thing.

4. Chef

Chef Active Member

2 pages in, and no mention of Genesis.

Good looking + Lesbian.

A two-fer.

5. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

The mention of RW: N'awlins reminds me -- wasn't one of the Real World shows, or possibly another one of its ilk, set in an area that got hit by a hurricane? I remember RW: Key West had to evacuate for Wilma, but it seemed like there was a show in the 90's where someone had to weather a cane, and I can't remember what it was.

Also, in Rachel's defense: She still seems pretty enough. Certainly not kicking her out of my bed. But no, not quite the same Rachel from San Fran.

6. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

Key West had to evacuate or delay the show for three hurricanes. Katrina, Wilma, and Rita, I think. I didn't start watching until Philly and have watched each season since. I've also watched all the challenges. I didn't get into this season of RW as much as I did in college, though, when we'd all meet on Tuesday nights to watch together.

7. spup1122

spup1122 Guest

I was too busy until then to start watching. Actually, I wasn't too busy in college, just didn't feel like watching it.

8. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

One of the first challenges, they had to bed down for a hurricane. They all had a toga party, and naughty things happened.

9. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

The Real World is the only show I've watched that has had a no-doubt, it's-all-downhill-from-here-moment: The end of the San Francisco season. The London season, the lovely Jacinda Barrett notwithstanding, was like watching an EKG reading by comparison, and I gave up about halfway through.

The snippets that I've seen since then have pretty much been the same. It's as if the producers realized that nothing was going to approach San Fran in terms of poignant TV, so they have concentrated on putting together the seven most attractive, hormone-raging, booze-crazed people and watch the combustion. Only the location changes from season to season.

10. I always watch the Duel. But I've only watched one (1) season of Real World, and that was the one in Vegas. And that was because I thought Brynn was hot.

11. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

I kind of favored the girl from Hawaii with the huge rack.
    Can't remember the name? Help anyone?

12. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Amaya.

Draft saved Draft deleted