1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World: Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jan 8, 2009.

1. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Was San Fran with Puck and Pedro, or were they are different shows?

2. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

It's almost hard to believe that RW was actually a pioneer in terms of reality TV.

3. bostonbred

bostonbred Guest

Anyone remember that chick Frankie Abernathy from San Diego with cystric fibrosis? Apparently she died a few years ago at age 25.

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1562302/20070612/index.jhtml

Pedro and Puck had the most epic Real World feud of all.

Didn't it center around Puck scooping Pedro's peanut butter out of the jar with his fingers after picking his nose? Those were the days.

4. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

La-La-La-Lola!

5. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

Puck was just disgusting.......and yes, I do remember the peanut butter incident.
    The show and subsequent death of Pedro really affected me I had a friend die from AIDS around the same time. God, that had to have been 15-16 years ago....

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That was part of it. I believe it was also because Puck would answer important phone calls for Pedro and not tell him who called (back in the pre-cell phone days).

Puck would do things to get under Pedro's skin. Pedro pretty much said that he was dealing with AIDS and a bunch of other issues, and wasn't going to deal with Puck anymore. The rest of the house sided with Pedro and booted Puck out.

7. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

I loved the first five or six years of RW, but the show lost its novelty after Hawaii. I'll tune in occasionally, but that's about it. I would say the Puck-Pedro conflict was easily the most prominent of the history of the series, but there were a few other good ones - Stephen and Irene in Seattle (he slapped her in the face as she got into the car to leave) Dan and Melissa in Miami (she slapped him in the face, too, if I recall), Sean and Kameelah in Boston, Coral and just about anybody in Back to New York ...

Is Road Rules now officially a dead series? That was the one I really liked. Best fight - when Ayanna freaked out on Veronica on Semester at Sea.

8. bagelchick

bagelchick Active Member

With Hawaii the one with Ruthie the drunk?

I think that was probably the last season I watched.

9. spup1122

spup1122 New Member

They had another episode, Viewer's Revenge, but ended it early due to lack of participation and bad ratings. I think they're banking on the RW and the challenges, that always seem to get high ratings, now.

10. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

You think Julie was hot? She had a horsie face for Chrissakes!

She looked like John Elway's bastard daughter.

Draft saved Draft deleted