1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World: Brooklyn

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by JackReacher, Jan 8, 2009.

1. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Anyone catch the season opener?

I'm still waiting on Real World: D.C., but Brooklyn could be very interesting.

2. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Not a loyal watcher by any means, but I happened to catch it last night.

The whole transgender thing throws a slight wrench into their usual typecasting.

3. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Who's going to die first?

4. Barsuk

Barsuk Active Member

I am astounded to learn this show is still on television, and even more astounded that people still watch it.

5. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

[quote author=

Yeah, I was a bit thrown off by that. I have nothing against those type of people, but it seems like they are just throwing it into our faces and forcing us to like this person because he or she is different.

I'm not a loyal watcher at all, but I've seen the commercials. Don't think I'll be watching.

6. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I watched.

Thought the one chick was hot, then found out she was born a he.

7. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

She said, "hey baby, take a walk on the wild side..."

8. KevinmH9

KevinmH9 Active Member

Fucking solid.

9. JoelHammond

JoelHammond Member

I see it ending poorly, as Chet/Ryan are clearly poorly equipped to handle a transgendered roommate. It'd be new for me, too, but it seems like those two are going to make her time there painful.

10. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

You didn't use blue font, so I'm guessing you're serious. You thought that chick? was hot?????

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

At first, yes. Then I saw a closeup and learned the truth.

12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Used to watch the show regularly in the 90s, then got bored with it. Now I watch it once in a while. It used to be a real interesting show when they had real people on it (for the first 4 seasons or so).

Now, it's just a clusterf-ck of sex, fighting, arguing, sex, drama, pettiness, sex.

Draft saved Draft deleted