1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real World Awards

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by DanOregon, Apr 3, 2008.

1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

So MTV decides to hold a 20 year "reunion/awards" show Wednesday. A two-hour extended version airs Friday. I won't give away the best stuff if you haven't seen it, but somebody gets thrown in a pool, there is a major update from the Seattle season, a few almost fights, and some folks who aged well and others not so well.
    Kind of scary in a lot of ways. But I'm telling you, its worth watching just for the Seattle update.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I saw part of it last night. It sucked.

Since the voting was done via the Internet, only the most recent seasons won awards since the children who watch MTV have no clue about the early years of the show.

Jeffery Ross must have been needing a paycheck. WTF was he doing hosting it?

And, of course, the saddest part was seeing clips from the old seasons. You know, back when the people on the show were actually living in the real world instead of being in the Girls and Guys Gone Wild version of "The Real World" that currently airs. I don't think a single person from the first five seasons (aside from maybe Puck) would be cast in the current incarnation of the show.

3. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Just read the update in the Wiki entry ... priceless.

4. Bill Brasky

Bill Brasky Active Member

Gee, that was shocking to find that out about Stephen.
    How did Rebecca the Virgin look? She was pretty cute back in the day.

5. forever_town

forever_town Active Member

I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My gaydar was going DING! DING! DING! DING! DING! that whole season!

6. Inky_Wretch

And don't forget to vote for Kevin Powell ...

http://www.kevinpowellforcongress.org/home/

7. shockey

shockey Active Member

i was smitten by the southern girl in season 1 (n.y.). sweet and sheltered and smart. whatever happened to her? forget her name. was it really 20 years ago? ??? ??? ???

8. Gutter

Gutter Well-Known Member

Julie.

9. shockey

shockey Active Member

DING! DING! DING! ;D ;D ;D

thanks for playing. sadly, no prizes. :( :( :(

how could i have forgotten? same name as my fave sis-in-law. bad job by senile ol' me.

10. Inky_Wretch

Ah, sweet Julie.

She's disappeared into the real world, and not begging to remain famous like 99.9 percent of the other Real Worlders.

And that first season was in 1992, so it's only been 16 years.

11. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

Sweet Julie indeed, the unatainable lust object of 99.44% of the male population of the '92 Capstone Summer Honors Program. (Happily, there were plenty more staying in the dorm with us who were quite attainable.)

12. shockey

shockey Active Member

whew! thanks. for a sec there i thought i was REALY old. yeah, julie's been hidden. good for her, as long as she's not, you know, dead. i always thought she was classy and too good for that show. 8) 8) 8)

Draft saved Draft deleted