1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real Talk with Jason Whitlock

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 2, 2011.

1. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Whitlock was just on The Golf Channel's 19th Hole. Unless it was something about Tiger, he was totally clueless about golf.

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

3. Double J

Double J Active Member

Anybody else see the thread title and think of this?

[​IMG]

"Lesbian Nazi hookers abducted by UFOs and forced into weight loss programs! All this week, on Town Talk!!"

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  4. GBNF

GBNF Well-Known Member

I absolutely hate Whitlock's writing style, angles and generally everything he does in print. He is an absolute buffoon on Twitter.

And I LOVED the podcast. I thought the Mariotti and Bissinger interviews were downright fantastic, and if you're able to push aside any ill-will towards Bissinger - of which I have none, as he is one of my idols - you'll be blasted away by the stuff about his upcoming book. I've never anticipated a book as much.

5. TwoGloves

TwoGloves Well-Known Member

Jason and Al Bundy both played high school football, you know.

6. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Al Bundy talked less about those four touchdowns in a game he scored for Polk High than Whitlock does about blocking for Jeff George and playing football at a mid-major.

I enjoyed the Bissinger podcast. The Florio one was interesting, but not on the level of the first two and I like Florio.

7. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Is that the book about his twin boys who were premies?

8. Mizzougrad96

Yeah, and one is perfectly healthy and doing well as a teacher and the other can't live on his own. It's heartbreaking.

9. Cousin Jeffrey

Cousin Jeffrey Active Member

He's said in the past that's why he did that LeBron book, the main reason anyway, to help his son. He said the money went toward his care now and in the future.

10. Mizzougrad96

I wonder how much money he made off Friday Night Lights, I would think between the movie and the TV show, he'd be rolling in the dough, but as he mentioned on the podcast, he's been married three times, which would make it understandable why he would need the money.

11. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

He tweeted several months ago that he didn't make much of anything from the TV show.

12. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

Seems like Whitlock's trying to become the Simmons of FoxSports. The column, now the podcasts. And when Simmons' new website was announced, Whitlock tweeted that he'd had a similar idea when he was still at the Star but no one was interested, that they only worried about winning awards.

Draft saved Draft deleted