1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real Talk with Jason Whitlock

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Mizzougrad96, Mar 2, 2011.

1. bartlett4a

bartlett4a New Member

Maybe not up to some standards, but somehow this guy living in bumfuck West Virginia took a website and made it a "must-read" for a lot of NFL people and NFL fans. That's at least pretty interesting.

2. As a fellow resident of bumfuck West Virginia ... I say "Salute!"

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I heard Whitlock on Fox Sports radio this weekend. He succinctly described Mariotti: He has a lack of awareness about his arrest situation when compared to all his knee jerk reactions to athletes over the years.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

That was the most awkward and most interesting part of the podcast. Mariotti had written that LeGarrette Blount (sp?) should have gone to jail for punching the Boise kid a couple years ago and Whitlock asked him if given recent events in his life if he would have written the same thing and Marriotti clearly did not see any connection.

5. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

6. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Why do I give a damn what Whitlock and Mariotti have to say?

7. Mizzougrad96

It's on the Fox Sports site and on iTunes.

8. Mizzougrad96

No one says you have to. I found it to be extremely interesting and I've known both of them for quite some time.

9. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

What's that line about the company you keep?

10. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

Mr. Helpful.

11. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Looking forward to seeing next weeks Pod with Chris Jones from Esquire Magazine.

12. MartinonMTV2

MartinonMTV2 New Member

http://www.foxsportsradio.com/pages/jasonwhitlock/index.html?uri=channels/449784/

Not that tough to find.

Draft saved Draft deleted