1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real Sports

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by ondeadline, Jun 26, 2008.

1. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Golf is not an Olympic sport because it already has its Olympics four times a year.

2. Well, this thread officially has jumped the shark ...

3. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

Pete hit the nail squarely on the head. With the money London and Britain is pumping into new facilities for Equestrian, Swimming and everything else, why is it going to build and national baseball and softball facility that won't get used after the Olympics leave?

And to be fair, it's not like two of the worlds biggest sports, cricket and rugby union, are in the Olympics either.

4. MU_was_not_so_hard

MU_was_not_so_hard Active Member

I was kind of hoping this was about the lawsuit. Apparently Gumble, Keteyan and Co. have been named in a civil suit on a story they did on a memorabilia broker in NY. Suit claims something like $5M in damages.

5. ondeadline

ondeadline Well-Known Member

Actually, if you saw the HBO show that led to me starting this thread, they also make the case that some of the people who voted to kick softball out were doing it because they didn't like the U.S. military action in Iraq. I'm not saying I agree or disagree, but the case was made. The ballot is secret, so nobody knows who voted to take softball out.

6. nmmetsfan

nmmetsfan Active Member

This isn't a political statement, but a generalization: secret ballot=gutless

7. Well, if that was a reason, IOC members are even more idiotic than I thought. No biggie. They weren't in love with us before Iraq, either.

Draft saved Draft deleted