1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real or Artificial

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Drip, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Drip

Drip Active Member

What does the asprin do for the tree?

2. txsportsscribe

txsportsscribe Active Member

well duh, it helps with a hangover

3. Smash Williams

Smash Williams Well-Known Member

I love real trees, but I break out in hives if I touch pine and cedar sap. So it's fake at my apartment, and a real one at my mom's place for Christmas day. She gets it set up before I get there, and I enjoy the smell while staying out of branch range.

4. Frank_Ridgeway

Frank_Ridgeway Well-Known Member

It helps it absorb nutrients, supposedly. Which makes it stay green longer.

5. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

Ditto.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Real, always. But two years ago, we got one that one day decided to have these little bugs all over the living room. Kill them and it was like the bug exploded. These aphids were annoying, hard to get rid of and wound up killing some other plants.
    Last year, we went to a tree farm for the first time and got a gorgeous tree. Can afford that kind of coin again, but was worth it for one year.

7. HC

HC Well-Known Member

Real trees only. In fact, we bought a small tree in a pot and reuse it each year.

8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

I do have a small tree on the lawn this year..., but repotting will be a beeyatch

9. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

Back when I was a kid and lived in the semi-country you could find a little 8-foot cedar tree by going out in the woods a little ways, but damn, those needles would make it painful to walk on the carpet for weeks.

Ever since I grew up, I've been a fan of the fake.

Draft saved Draft deleted