1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real-life Shawshank, except with a grocery store, and idiot crooks

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Small Town Guy, Jan 6, 2014.

1. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

We live on the top floor of our apartment building. This morning I woke up to people walking on the roof. It's happened before, usually the super's son traipsing around. I could make out some of their conversation and it didn't sound like the stoner son but didn't know who was up there. Went outside our building few minutes later and saw a dozen cop cars outside and all the police gathered around the grocery store that's three buildings down from us.

Turns out some crooks tried tunneling into the store from a vacant building next to it. Police figure they were doing it for a week. But then they got scared by an alarm.

dnain.fo/1lLaYBA

I mean, if you put the time, effort and planning -- I see them running dress rehearsals somewhere, after getting high and watching Heat and The Bank Job -- into this type of thing, wouldn't you scope out whether there's an alarm?

Seems like an inside job to me. Why else would they know about the safe? Although that brings up the question, if it was inside, how could they not know about the alarm?

2. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Jesus. If it's not the mosquitoes, it's grocery store robbers. Time to get out of Inwood.

3. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I'd like to think the last thing that went through the thieves' heads, other than the sound of the alarm, was how the hell Aljenis Lanfranco ever got the best of them.

4. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Andy Dufresne - who crawled through a river of shit and came out to 1/2 price Lean Cuisines on the other side.

5. Small Town Guy

Small Town Guy Well-Known Member

People talk about how bad it was here in the '80s, but I guess they didn't know how bad it could get. But still...those beautiful parks.

6. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

This was up on the wall for two weeks:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted