1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Real Identities of celebrities

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by printdust, Mar 29, 2011.

1. printdust

printdust New Member

http://omg.yahoo.com/blogs/now/whats-your-real-name/63?nc

Most come as no surprise...

Chaim Witz's Jewels just doesn't ring as a catchy show name.

And I always liked (and knew) Emilio Estevez stood out from the Sheens. Just shows he's comfortable in his own skin.....

2. lisa_simpson

lisa_simpson Active Member

It's more like Charlie aped their dad - Emilio, their brother Ramon and sister Renee all kept their birth names, professionally speaking. Martin didn't even legally change his; not sure about Charlie.

3. NickMordo

NickMordo Active Member

His real name is not Meat Loaf? MY LIFE IS RUINED!!!!!

4. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

Nobody's searching to find out that Dan Patrick's real name is Dan Pugh?

What other sports media types go by a pseudonym?

I know a lot of local TV news folks do.

5. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

90 percent of the time a "last name" could also be a first name (Allen, Kelly, Lee, Richard, Charles, Frederick...) you can figure it's not their real last name.

6. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

I think he's Daniel Patrick Mahoney.

7. Double J

Double J Active Member

A young singer named David Jones took Bowie as his stage name so he wouldn't be confused with Davy Jones of the Monkees. True story.

8. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Yeah, two sexually ambiguous singers named David Jones would have been an issue.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Okay... a couple of those, not only would I not have known their real name, I wouldn't have a clue who the person going by the stage name is, either. Wiz Khalifa? I think I saw a pamphlet on that at my urologist's office.

10. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

What bigtime actor with a changed name also had a son who also got into the movies, which prompted a young comic actor to change his real name because of that son and ended up adopting the last name of a movie star, who herself changed her name? Clue: Her original last name was used in the title of the movie she won an Academy Award for.

11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

I know that Diane Keaton was born with the last name Hall. The rest of your post makes me dizzy.

12. printdust

printdust New Member

L.F. Ino.

Draft saved Draft deleted