1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

real estate license

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Aug 13, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

People ask for help on this site for many different topics, related and unrelated to journalism. That's one of the reasons I like this place. This type of response is the reason a lot of main guys are saying peace out to sj.

2. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Re: decision. I can make my own, just wante others take and advice. Not a big deal.

3. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

"Main" guys? Posting a lot on every thread doesn't make you a main guy.

Shit, this site might be one of the greatest example of something being better than the sum of its parts. ANY of us could disappear and in three days no one would give a shit. THAT'S what I like about SJ.

4. spnited

spnited Active Member

Fair enough. Different philosphies on taking charge of your own life.

My dear friend IJAG and I have butted heads over these kinds of issues many times. Must be a generational thing.

5. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Re: main guys. I don't mean big time posters per se, I mean people who seemed like long time members being fed up with the board. That's what I meant.

6. imjustagirl

OR it's someone who loves you desperately but doesn't understand why you have to be such a judgmental shit.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

They were more fed up with moderators and a webby who actually wanted to maintain some control instead of letting us all run wild.

8. imjustagirl

I know. In retrospect, I knew. But if people are fed up, they SHOULD leave. As Moddy's said a bazillion times, no one's forcing you to be here.

Others have gotten fed up, left, and come back. It happens. :)

9. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, yeah. We've had this discussion many times.
    I'm not judgmental. Just my view of life that doesn't jibe with many people here.

Lunch Friday? ;D

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

To be fair I think it is generational. I think guys my age want others advice. older people are more likely to do it on their own. My dad's 71 and he usually makes decisions exactly like you described earlier.

11. imjustagirl

Lunch, dinner AND drinks. Let's do it!

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

Sounds good to me!

Draft saved Draft deleted