1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

real estate license

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by budcrew08, Aug 13, 2009.

1. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I'm thinking about trying to obtain one. I know you have to take some courses, but how easy or hard is it to get. I live in the state that rhymes with "zoo york" by the way. Thanks for any help!

2. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

Here's what I learned when I looked into it several months ago:

1.) You can usually take the classes online, but it's usually around $500-600 for the courses. Then there's an annual fee of several thousand, plus certification upkeep costs. I think it was going to cost me about $3000 a year to actually do it, beyond the costs.

2.) If you ever move, you have to start all over again. Licenses do not transfer from state to state.

3. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'd bet if you Googled "New York real estate license" you'd get a lot more information that you can get from anybody here.

4. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Re: cranky old guy. I googled and got some info but I thought sj might be a good place to ask. We have a ton of smart people here, you know.

5. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yes, so rather than do it yourself, you'll ask others to tell you what to do...even if they were to give you bad information.

6. imjustagirl

What the FUCK is your problem with people asking questions here? We're not all awesome like you. Sometimes we want takes from someone OTHER than ourselves.

7. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

I'm not going to do something just because someone tells me too, I just asked for any info as a guide. I'm not a noob, spnited, why the harassment tonight?

8. spnited

spnited Active Member

Yeah, I have this big thing about people taking responsibility for their own fucking lives.

9. imjustagirl

Then take responsibility for being an asshole.

You're not going to get any more perfect information from google than you will here. There's bad info all over the internet.

Asking opinions doesn't mean you're incapable of making a decision. God help the next person who asks advice on buying a car...spnited will be on his high fucking horse.

10. budcrew08

budcrew08 Active Member

Dude, there's a 10 page thread about a guy going through a divorce, and he's getting some damn good advice, at least something he can use to ask his lawyer about. I figured at least one person here would have some knowledge into this subject. Not trying to be an asshole here.

11. spnited

spnited Active Member

I'm sure the all-knowing IJAG has better imformation that any NY real estate license site might have. She can tell you the exact requirements, what course to take, how long it will take and how much it will cost.

Oh, by the way, I bought a 32-inch HDTV today. Did some research ON MY OWN, went to the place that had the best prices for 2 possible sets I was interested in, looked at both, made a decision.
    Sorry, I forgot to come here and ask for some "expert" advice first.

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

And he's still bucking most of that advice, if you haven't noticed.

Sorry that my old world father raised me to evaluate things on my own and decide what was right for me. It's worked pretty well for 60 years.

Draft saved Draft deleted