1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reaganomics, for real

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by spup1122, Mar 3, 2010.

1. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Well, for one, it's odd to have someone on your currency who hated central banks (and in fact decommissioned the central bank).

More importantly, though, I just never understood how the guy who was responsible for this could make it on to our currency:
    [​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  2. Shoeless Joe

Shoeless Joe Active Member

uhhh No. Jackson deserves the $20. I say bump Lincoln's ass off the $5 and put on TR.

3. Shoeless Joe

Jackson actually had the budget balanced for a while. He was only the face of/one willing to carry out Indian Relocation, not the architect.

4. amraeder

I hardly claim to be the end-all expert on Jackson, but he's the one who told the Supreme Court to shove the ruling that had the audacity to claim the Indians had a right to their land.

5. Shoeless Joe

His actual words were "they've made their ruling, now let's see them enforce it" or something very close to that.

6. amraeder

Right you are:
    "John Marshall has made his decision. Now let's see him enforce it."

7. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

But we needed that land for hundreds and thousands of southern trailer parks and meth labs. Jackson had an eye to the future, man. That's worth a spot on the $20 in my book.

8. amraeder

:) More of a visionary than history has given him credit for...

9. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Same way. I was about 7 or 8. My dad told us five, "You can have this $100 bill if you tell me the president who is on the front."

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I hope you got bonus money for answering, "There is no president on the front of the $100 bill."

11. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

Yet, pro gay rights group never talk about Buchanan...they only want to Lincoln,.

12. Well, it's kinda funny to say "Log."

So, naming money after Jackson is like naming an airport after Reagan?

Draft saved Draft deleted