1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reagan Diaries

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Boom_70, May 29, 2007.

1. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I know Ronnie has been sainted in recent years, but this is the way I remember him, too. Always the VERY big picture but spare him the details. It was all black and white. Good vs. evil. Lot's of theatrics. Lots of simplistic solutions: Star wars! Just say no! Meanwhile, the boys in the back room carried out the real plan, sort of like today.

2. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Before President Stupid, he's the only guy who couldn't separate Gucci from the Medici, in Vidal's words. Only that Nancy wore one of the two.

American Hero indeed.

3. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

LJB - As you see it did Reagan accomplish anything of value in his 8 years in Washington?

4. 21

21 Well-Known Member

Not my favorite president, but I always felt the relationship between Ronnie and Nancy was very genuine and touching....seemed they were truly in love, and stayed that way.

5. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Oh golly, I bet I can guess LJB's answer.

Who gives a rat's ass what Vidal says about anything. Most irrrelevant man ever, possibly.

6. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Man, I was thinking of LBJ when I saw this. On Stern a long while back they were playing released tapes of him he made. And some were freakin' awesome, especially when he;s talking about his pants and his nuts.

He had to have the pockets made a special way so he could adjust his junk. Especially after seeing the Allison Stokke pics!

7. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

U.S.-Canadian Trade Pact

8. So are the passages about selling missiles to terrorists and empowering death squads to murder American priests and nuns a laff riot?

9. Ben_Hecht

Ben_Hecht Active Member

21: Let's hear what Jane Wyman thinks about that . ..

10. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

I'm partial to the feelgood hilarity of the air traffic controllers' mass firing, even more funny given that PATCO supported Reagan in the '80 election ... hilarious! Then there's the laugh riot that was military support of Saddam Hussein and Osama bin Laden. Pee your pants funny!

Are there any lines about bringing down Communism that Reagan scrotum-slurping conservative sycophants can lap up? Since its an article of faith that ole Ronnie single-handedly brought down the Soviet Union. ::)

11. jimmymcd

jimmymcd Guest

Hey, if the Internetwebs had been available in the 80's, RR would be the most evil, worst president ever according to you slapdicks. You are nothing if not predictable!

12. Neither altogether evil nor, god knows, the worst.

Draft saved Draft deleted