1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

RE: ZIMMERMAN -- Let The Boycotting Begin

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by BNWriter, Jul 16, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNWriter

BNWriter Active Member

http://music.msn.com/music/article.aspx?news=818186

Probably not the first one. Definitely not going to be the last one: Stevie Wonder boycotting FLA until such laws that caused the Zimmerman case to be the result are repealed(or changed, I would think).

Let's face it, folks: This is going to go on for a while. So let's try not to get it locked, OK......?

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Good for him.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Not to throw gasoline on the fire, but I'm still a little perplexed about what could have possibly gotten it locked yesterday.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Do you think the number of boycotters will surpass that of those boycotting Food Network for getting rid of Paula Deen for merely saying one word 27 years ago that everybody has at least thought once in their lives?

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

If it means the lines are shorter the next time I go to Disney World, I hope everyone boycotts... :D

Seriously, I get that Florida has its issues, but it seems ridiculous to boycott an entire state over what a jury of six decided.

6. Dick Whitman

To clarify, I think his complaint is against the law itself, not the jury's decision based upon that law.

7. MileHigh

MileHigh Moderator Staff Member

Because like the politics board, someone was using a fake name to taunt another member and it's unacceptable. As Moddy said on that thread, if you'd like to help out to weed out that stuff, he/we'd be appreciative.

That said, I'd recommend staying on topic, if that's at all possible at this point.

8. Dick Whitman

Thanks. We were wondering because it seemed like the rest of us were being civil enough.

9. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

True, and I think it's a bad law. If you are a fraidy cat with a gun, you can shoot anyone.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

I don't think Stevie Wonder was the cause of the line problems, they allow the handicapped to go right to the front.

Maybe LeBron will use this to justify The Decision to opt out after next season?

11. Dick Whitman

I'm not sure that Zimmerman, however, who was pretty much provably getting the ever-living shit beat out of him, was the best sacrificial lamb for opponents of the law to parade around.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

It is interesting how much is being said about the "Stand your ground" law, which was referenced by seemingly every news outlet covering this trial, even though Zimmerman never used it as his defense...

They can just bring Stevie there and tell him he's in Atlanta. :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.