1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Re: Let's make our own news (RANT)

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by BRoth, Jul 18, 2006.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

I killed a man today, just to watch him die.

Police are yet to investigate.

2. This was the start of the thread, but either my computer crashed or SportsJournalists.com went down. ...

I love it. In fact, I love Lovin' it!
    It's a slow news day so folks decide to manufacture their own news...
    Case in point, Oprah Winfrey.
    In her latest magazine she and her friend Gayle King, who is pushing hard to get a job with "The View", discuss why they are NOT lesbians, but they could see how they would be perceived that way.
    Why? What is so important about this? Because it is Oprah? I would love to meet the nut jobs who fawn over these celebs, buy products based on their endorsements and purchase magazines based on celeb articles and pictures.
    Who has ever - or would ever - want to accuse Oprah and her friend of being lesbians? Probably the same people who fantasize about Rosie O'Donnell and Penny Marshall, who is NOT a lesbian, makeout sessions.
    What the hell?
    Talk about doing a story just to do a story.

Then there's my favorite NFL asshole TO.
    He releases an autobiography in which he claims he's misquoted - IN HIS OWN GOD DAMN AUTOBIOGRAPHY!!!!! - then tells HBO the media is to blame for his portrayal as a selfish player.

I feel better.
    Lunch anyone?

3. da man

da man Well-Known Member

Wait, I think I heard about this. Did it happen in Reno?

Draft saved Draft deleted