1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Lewis to retire after NFL playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 2, 2013.

1. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

That was awful.

2. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

We now get to see if Ray Lewis can live in a non-violent world, where he doesn't get special treatment everywhere he turns. I'm looking forward to that. Sink or swim, tough guy.

3. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He'll be on ESPN or one of the other pre-game shows while still hawking video games to keep his image pretty.

4. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Yeah, but can he keep a handle on his intensity when the games are gone?

5. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Very thin gruel, that column.
    Your actions have consequences in this world.

6. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

He'll probably live again as the "undersized" guy he was coming out of college instead of the 260-pound beast he became in the NFL. So that means he won't be ingesting as much of the egg whites and the red meat and all that protein that must have accounted for the transformation and the intensity.

7. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

Since he's the King of all local football players here, we're doing a heavy presence on his retirement.

Apparently he also doesn't like us too much because some in his family blame the paper for getting his grandparents' house robbed while they were at the SB in Tampa watching him play. We had done a big piece on how the grandparents were still here and some "intuitive crooks" took it upon themselves to break into their house while they were gone.

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

good ridance!

9. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

From Hines Ward...

Nice to see two guys could leave it on the field.

10. Drip

Drip Active Member

I loved that game when TO did his thing on the star. I was LMAO and ROTF. I also loved Emit Smith's response.
    I believe that Ray Lewis didn't kill anyone that Super Bowl weekend in Atlanta. I believe there was an altercation and one of his friends came in and did the deed. I believe they may have been trying to protect Lewis from these guys.
    Lewis isn't a saint. He is a great football player. A first ballot HOF. It will be interesting to see if the Ravens can use this emotional tool to carry them to another Super Bowl championship.

11. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

How had I never seen that before? Awesome pull.

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Screw what you "believe." What did you see from inside the limo?

Draft saved Draft deleted