1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Lewis to retire after NFL playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 2, 2013.

1. bumpy mcgee

bumpy mcgee Well-Known Member

He didn't kill no mother fuckin' lion: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x1yzeo_tv-funhouse-ray-lewis_fun

2. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

First thing I think of whenever I hear about Ray Lewis.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

RT@BonnieBernstein
    If you want to believe Ray Lewis is guilty of murder, it's your prerogative. Or, you can do some research.

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He was an accessory to a double homicide.
    I know all I need to know about him.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

What is the consensus on Lewis's involvement in those murders? It's been a few years, and the stories on Google are pretty dry and cautious. Essentially, it seems like his two buddies killed the guys, i.e. actually wielded the knife/knives, that Lewis probably participated in some sort of brawl and subsequent cover-up?

Does anyone actually think Lewis himself wielded a knife?

6. Riptide

Riptide Well-Known Member

Get off the cross, Bernstein. Jeez.

7. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

No.

And still no convictions for the murders.

8. Inky_Wretch

No, I don't think he wielded a knife. But I'm sure he knows who did.

The limo driver testified that Lewis told everybody in his group to keep their mouths shut about what happened. The clothes he was wearing that night were never recovered (if I remember correctly). And he paid out-of-court settlements to the victims' families.

9. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

What do you mean "still"? There never will be convictions for those murders, for the same reason that there will never be convictions for the murders of Nicole Brown Simpson and Casey Anthony's daughter: the already tried the guilty parties, failed to get convictions, and now are barred by that pesky double jeopardy clause from trying them again.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yeah, supposedly it was a white suit that was splattered with blood and got thrown in a dumpster.

11. Inky_Wretch

I've always assumed he said just enough to meet the terms of his plea deal on obstruction of justice charges, but never told "the whole truth and nothing but the truth" about what he saw or knows about those murders.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

David Whitley, famous around these parts (SportsJournalists.com, I mean) for the Colin Kaepernick tattoo column, weighs in:

http://aol.sportingnews.com/nfl/story/2013-01-02/ray-lewis-retire-murder-charge-trial-hall-of-fame-ravens-lb-retirement

Draft saved Draft deleted