1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Lewis to retire after NFL playoffs

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Steak Snabler, Jan 2, 2013.

1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Surely one of the more polarizing figures in recent sports history, but you can't deny his greatness on the field:

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8803174/ray-lewis-baltimore-ravens-says-retiring-season

2. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

He's no London Fletcher... :D

3. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

Damn right!!

Do the Pro Football HOF voters do that thing where someone won't vote for Lewis on the first ballot to keep anyone from getting a unanimous vote? Like the way the baseball idiots do it?

4. Mizzougrad96

There would be no reason to do this since they freak out if anyone reveals anything that happens in that room...

The rumor is that when Cliff Christl presented for Reggie White, he stood up said, "Reggie White..." and then sat back down. I've heard something similar happened for Jerry Rice.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  5. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I despised him with a burning passion, but I can't deny what a game-changer he was.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Will he land a TV gig or devote himself to finding the real killers in Atlanta?

7. JackReacher

JackReacher Well-Known Member

That's awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 1, 2015
  8. Mizzougrad96

The first time I dealt with Lewis was at the trainwreck that was his media session at the Super Bowl in Tampa... I was probably 5-6 feet away from him during the infamous Stuart Scott hug.

There is no denying his greatness though... He's one of the best ever, probably inarguably one of the top five defenders of the Super Bowl Era.

9. Mizzougrad96

I predict a Dancing With the Stars appearance this off-season, followed by a TV gig, probably at CBS, Fox or ESPN.

10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

"Probably inarguably" is a positively Stengel-ese turn of phrase, Mizzou ...

11. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

Him and Tebow could be motivational speakers.

12. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd New Member

Then he'll have more time for a murder victim's blood to get on his shoes, in his limo, and in his hotel lobby.

Draft saved Draft deleted