1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Lewis is God's linebacker

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Inky_Wretch, Nov 8, 2006.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

Evidently God wanted that man stabbed in Atlanta.

2. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

What happens when he's done playing football then?

3. Chuck~Taylor

Chuck~Taylor Active Member

He'll probably be god's sports broadcaster or something.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And He wanted Ray to keep his mouth shut and not rat out his friends who stabbed that man.

5. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

That is a beautiful windowpane suit. The brothas look so stylish in tailored colors.

6. Oz

Oz Well-Known Member

A couple weeks ago -- actually, probably more like a month ago -- I listened to sports radio on the Friday night drive home from work. It just to happened to be James Brown's interview show ... and Ray Lewis was the guest. They talked some about religion. At first, I cursed JB and Ray Lewis. And then I started to laugh at the comedy that was this interview. The whole thing was so ridiculous, with JB going right with him.

Others might have gotten sick to their stomach, listening to it. I found it hilarious.

7. spnited

spnited Active Member

Saw this issue floating around the office yesterday and could not believe it.
    Great how murdering scumbags suddenly find God and become heroes and role models...and SI panders to these pieces of shit.

8. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

Has anyone read the story yet? S.L. Price is the goods - I bet it isn't as fawning as we think. The cover may even be utilizing irony.

9. Jones

Jones Active Member

I haven't read the story, but Pringle might be right here... It looks to me a little like that Sonny-Listion-in-a-Santa-hat cover Esquire did. You can get a lot of attention by making a bad man look cuddly.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

it came in the mail today and am going to read it before lunch... if I wait until during or after, I might lose it...

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

No, it's not using irony. Lewis plans to become a minister once he leaves the NFL.

And wait until you get to this part of the story...

12. spnited

spnited Active Member

I think I'm going to puke after reading that. Thanks. Inky.

Draft saved Draft deleted