1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Lewis in the pantheon of great linebackers

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by MisterCreosote, Oct 15, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drip

Drip Active Member

You think?

2. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

At some point, really good players pile up Pro Bowls even if they're not playing at the level that made them really great. Some of those 13 were "career achievement" trips to Honolulu.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Is it outing if I say if the guy who posted as CarltonBanks is white or black?

4. Drip

Drip Active Member

Junior Seau, 11 Pro Bowl; Reggie White 11 Pro Bowl appearances;Rod Woodson, 11 Pro Bowl appearances; Ken Houston 12 Pro Bowl appearances; Randall McDaniel 12 Pro Bowl appearances; Jim Otto 12 Pro Bowl appearances; Will Shields, 12 Pro Bowl appearances; Merlin Olsen, 14 Pro Bowl appearances.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

With Lewis? No, they really weren't. You just need to accept the fact that Urlacher isn't even close to Lewis, and I say that even though I can't stand Lewis.

What's with the bit about ranking white players at the position separately, anyway? Desperation to rank Urlacher high somewhere? You can just keep going on about his range while he never gets to the Hall of Fame.

6. cyclingwriter

cyclingwriter Active Member

so no lb then?

And yes pro bowls are a career achievement thing, but I think the vast majority of Lewis' were solid. This isn't Jeter getting elected while on injured reserve.

7. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

No one was talking to you, dork.

8. Drip

Drip Active Member

I think he is a very good lb. Borderline HOF at best but that could change.

9. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Urlacher will make the Hall of Fame.

10. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Urlacher is the love child of Doug Buffone.

11. YGBFKM

YGBFKM Guest

Did you know Brian Urlacher is the only white person to win NFL Defensive Player of the Year in the past 16 seasons?

12. Uncle.Ruckus

Uncle.Ruckus Guest

Is he also the only white NFL player to fuck both Paris Hilton and Jenny McCarthy?

Apparently, Brian likes to stick his dick in crazy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.