1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Lewis: 'Evil' & Crime Will Rise If NFL Lockout Continues

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Deeper_Background, May 22, 2011.

1. Trouser_Buddah

Trouser_Buddah Active Member

I say crime actually goes down since fantasy football-related rage will be eliminated.

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

There may be more international incidents as thousands of football-deprived fans cross the border into Canada in search of a fix.

3. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I think the players getting arrested will slightly offset some Pittsburgh (city picked randomly) housewife who won't get a beating from her husband if the hometown team loses.

4. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

I was going to say, considering who said this, it may be construed as more of a threat than a prediction.

5. Second Thoughts

Second Thoughts Active Member

He's just saying that the thugs on the field won't have anything better to do than assume the lives they would have led without football.

6. Bubbler

Bubbler Well-Known Member

He's right you know. Only he had the timing wrong.

Crime just went up in my neck of the woods as I stabbed a hobo after reading his dumb ass take on the lockout.

7. podunk press

podunk press Active Member

It was a strange interview.

My wife walked past the television, shook her head and said, "Ray's acting crraaaaaaazzzzzyyyy."

8. Mark2010

Mark2010 Active Member

That was my thought. This thug has to keep his mind occupied and if he can't run around maiming people on a football field, well, somewhere else will have to do, I guess.

9. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Random? Bullshit.

But you got it wrong. In Pittsburgh, it is the husbands being spared beatings by their pissed-off wives when the Steelers lose.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Bearded wives.

11. Piotr Rasputin

Piotr Rasputin New Member

I blame Bush.

12. Sea Bass

Sea Bass Well-Known Member

He wasn't wearing a white suit during the interview, was he?

Draft saved Draft deleted