1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ray Bradbury Must Die (Dead Pool Update)

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Just_An_SID, Jan 21, 2007.

1. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

When Gerald Ford died a couple of weeks ago, the Dead Pool that I am in reset. The drawing for the new pool was this evening and I drew Ray Bradbury.

According to Wikpedia, he is currently 86 and a photo of him from 2004 shows him in a wheelchair. I know nothing else about his health.

At $10 a person, the pool is over $1,000.

(Yes, I know that I am going to hell for this).

2. DyePack

DyePack New Member

I've never had an issue with you, SID, but you're a ftard on this one.

3. 2muchcoffeeman

2muchcoffeeman Well-Known Member

:mad:

SID, you are in fact going to hell for this one.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Wow, SID, that is truly low. I hope Ray Bradbury lives to be 100 at least...

5. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

He was looking pretty spry in a q and a at the downtown L.A. Public Library a couple of months ago...

6. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Dammit, I drew JDV. He's gonna live forever, like one of those kids from "Fame."
    (And, wow, talk about backlash. Never knew there was such Bradbury love on SportsJournalists.com.)

7. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Killick, where did you get that pick? That's sooo funny and depressing at the same time.

8. Just_An_SID

Everybody name drawn in the pool is at least 80 years old so I don't feel near as bad as if -- as mentioned by some other SportsJournalists.comers -- that I drew Lindsay Lohan or somebody similar.

9. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

The Raiderettes were having a pool.

10. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Ray's death would mark some general grief, unlike Poppy Bush and his she-wolf.

He forgot about more ideas than that entire criminal family has ever belched forth.

11. Just_An_SID

My brother has Lady Bird Johnson. My sister has Kittie Carlisle.

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I couldn't care less about Bradbury. I don't care for dead pools and actually saying the guy must die so SID can get his cash was a relative low point, even for this board.

Draft saved Draft deleted