1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ravens fire Billick

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Gutter, Dec 31, 2007.

1. pallister

pallister Guest

I'm not so sure Billick gets another shot right away. He might have to take a job as an OC, and while I'm sure that's beneath his pompous ass, it's probably a good spot for him to succeed without too much pressure and get back in contention for a top job in a few years.

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Billick deserved to canned, but can Ozzie Newsome be far behind? It wasn't Billick who had the final say on such QB studs as Tony Banks, Elvis Grbac, Jeff Blake, Kyle Boller and a Gimpy Steve McNair.

Why isn't Derek Anderson with the Ravens?

3. Yawn

Yawn New Member

And this, people, is America's Most Shocking News of 12/31/2007. So much so, all the Stories of the Year competition should be thrown out and revoted.

Billick has been dead man walking for a couple of years. They just finally got tired of the stink. The Patriots finish and the game that followed sunk his ship for good.

4. BYH

BYH Active Member

I'll go one step further and say he's the next Jim Fassel (irony!)...a guy who had some success and was regarded as an offensive guru who lasted longer than usual as a head coach in one spot but never got a sniff of another head coaching gig. Fassel had a ton of interviews after he was poopcanned by the Giants but flunked them all...thought I read he came off as arrogant during the interview process, but someone who knows more about the Giants (line forms to the left) can confirm that.

The problem with Billick, of course, is that he's already known as an arrogant oaf who has a rep of offensive genius yet spent the last nine years setting offense back to the '20s. to paraphrase The Wolf, I see........a TV studio in Billick's future.

That said, I'll always laugh at the sight of Billick blowing a kiss to Rodney Harrison, who cheats and hits late and talks shit non-stop even though he's the leader of the pious Patriots.

5. shockey

shockey Active Member

billick's done as an nfl head coach, imo. sure, he won a super bowl seven years ago, with a DEFENSIVE FOOTBALL TEAM! how's he selling himself now? as an offensive guru? when his offenses in baltimore sucked? where he never developed a qb?

thanks for comin', brian. geez, who even hires him as an o-coordinator now? he's headed to jim fassel-land. out of the league, but on tv or in a radio booth. :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

6. Bob Cook

Bob Cook Active Member

[​IMG]

Dumb Brian is so dumb, when the Ravens were only an inch away from beating Miami, he had his team _______.

7. shotglass

shotglass Guest

Priceless. Johnny Olson, tell Bob Cook what he's won. ;)

8. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Brian hops a plane to Cincinnati and Marvin should take the return flight to Baltimore.

Just swap them out. Maybe give the Ravens a few used practice jerseys to even it out.

9. D-3 Fan

D-3 Fan Well-Known Member

You forgot to add the following response, Bob:

Gene: "Dumb Brian is so dumb..."
    Panel: "How dumb is he?"
    Gene: "Brian was so dumb, that when the Ravens were only..."

[​IMG][​IMG]

I couldn't say so long to '07 without a final salute to the two funniest panelists in game show history.

Brett and Charles, keep 'em laughing up there!

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  10. Billick doesn't deserve another job, but then again you're talking about a league that continues to employ Norv Turner as a head coach and Kevin Gilbride as offensive coordinator. He'll be HC of the Lions in a few years.

11. Simon_Cowbell

Simon_Cowbell Active Member

Newsome still has done a damn good job in the draft.

12. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

Len Pasquarelli takes the hatchet (somewhat deservedly) to Billick:
    http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=pasquarelli_len&id=3175189

Draft saved Draft deleted