1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rattling the Cage of Golden Domers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I'll be really honest... I get giddy whenever someone makes a Herman Wouk reference. Though, it's Captain Queeg. But the comparison is apt.

2. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

FHB - You've obviously have read too much of my work if you are able to figure out who I meant.

I love it when coaches start going "Queeg". They think the world is out to get them.

3. Flying Headbutt

What can I say? I've been reading your work for five years or so. That was even before Chris L beat you out for that columnist gig with the NY Post.

4. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Those of you who say that Ty left the cupboard bare are dismissing the likes of Brady Quinn, Jeff Smardzija, etc., etc., the same players responsible for 9 and 10-win seasons.

OK, so maybe it's Charlie who waved the magic wand and made those guys great overnight (except when playing USC, Ohio State, Michigan and LSU), but if that's the case, what did he do with his magic wand this past offseason?

On the other hand, don't rule out Weis pulling a rabbit out of his hat this weekend at Penn State. He just got a wakeup call and his pride is going to kick it into high gear against Joe Pa.

5. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Like a schoolgirl giddy?

6. Flying Headbutt

Wouk is my favorite. Far and away. Don't Stop The Carnival.

7. da man

da man Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

``I proved with mathematical logic that a duplicate key to the food locker did exist ...''

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
  8. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Winds of War and War and Remembrance

9. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

Can his pride block anyone? If Weis pulls a rabbit out of his hat, it will be a chocolate one to eat.

10. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Good to see waving that Blue and Gold pom-pon didn't tire you out Saturday...

11. Armchair_QB

Armchair_QB Well-Known Member

It's also highly likely that Penn State isn't any good.

12. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

In the same vein, it's quite likely that if my aunt had testicles, she would be my uncle.

Draft saved Draft deleted