1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rattling the Cage of Golden Domers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

I grew up rooting for the Fighting Irish as well .... all untill fat and arrogant charlie showed up. He thinks he is Bill Parcells.

Even though I am a ND fan I love that Carrol is willing to ask the provocative questions and not take the party line.

2. BillyT

BillyT Active Member

Mystery Meat for the *win.*

3. clutchcargo

clutchcargo Active Member

Nondo, Fishwrapper, check your math. They play 12 games this year.

4. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Carrol used to post here... He has done a good job of bucking the establishment....

5. Starman

Starman Well-Known Member

No way -- ND plays Duke, Stanford and Michigan State, all likely among the 20 worst teams in the country. They lose any of those three, and the Weis honeymoon is over with a big thud. They'll catch somebody else napping, and the rest of the season will consist of cruelty to dumb animals.

6. Rufino

Rufino Active Member

I thought Al Groh believed he was Bill Parcells. I guess it doesn't matter, since UVA scored just 3 points this week too.

7. BYH

BYH Active Member

That is awesome.

Fuck both those useless fucks. They've never done anything except glom off the Tuna.

And Jeff Carroll (two L's) is outstanding. Good for him for not letting the mouthbreathers at ND shake him.

8. Clever username

Clever username Active Member

On a completely unrelated note, does Weis do a weekly teleconference? Anyone know?

9. Faithless

Faithless Member

Or the post-Orgeron answer at Ole Miss.

10. cougargirl

cougargirl Active Member

As a college football fan I'll admit an affinity to Notre Dame football, but as I journalist I make it a point to read the South Bend Tribune's post-game coverage ... and the Tribune does a bang-up job in scrutinizing the Irish. Good reads.

11. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

College town papers who are willing to criticize the hometown team are rare... The Tribune and Carroll especially do an outstanding fucking job...

12. WS

WS Member

Michigan State will name their score against Notre Dame. Stanford sucks, but might give them a game (I see a 13-10 ND win)

Draft saved Draft deleted