1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rattling the Cage of Golden Domers

Discussion in 'Journalism topics only' started by Boom_70, Sep 2, 2007.

1. Boom_70

Boom_70 Well-Known Member

Last year I came across Jeff Carrol when I read the story in Chicago Tribune that Charlie Weiss refused to answer his questions because he was upset about a series that Carrol wrote in Southbend Tribune on Jimmy Clasuen. It was even discussed here at SJ.

Based on NB fandom web sites it seems that Jeff is still rattling the cage of Charlie and is unwilling to follow the ND party line .

As a life long ND fan I find Carrol's work a refreshing change. He has the balls the write the truth and not what many misguided ND fans want to here.

Here is a few samples of complaints from ND fanboy sites :

http://therockreport.blogspot.com/2007/08/jeff-carrolls-chronic-distortion.html

http://ndirishblog.blogspot.com/2007/08/jeff-carroll-hates-notre-dame.html

2. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Without unduly criticizing Carrol, because I think he does a great job covering the media cauldron that is Notre Dame football, but isn't the amount of fan hand-wringing he received on both blogs the same as most college beat writers get? I can't think of a college fan base that thinks the beat reporter(s) cover them fairly.

3. hondo

hondo Well-Known Member

Charlie Weis and Jimmy Claussen are going to deserve each other before this season's done.

ND: 2-9.

4. mike311gd

mike311gd Active Member

Now that's a ballsy prediction.

5. crusoes

crusoes Active Member

Somewhere (well, Seattle), Ty Williingham is smiling.

6. hockeybeat

hockeybeat Guest

Easy. It ain't like Willingham is Lombardi redux.

7. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

Smiling at what, another year out of contention in the Pac-10? Yeah, he'll have a lot to smile about in two years when he's the head coach at Rice or an assistant at Cincinnati.

8. HejiraHenry

HejiraHenry Well-Known Member

He might be the post-Croom answer at Mississippi State.

9. Mystery_Meat

Mystery_Meat Guest

I'm starting to wonder if the Sun Belt isn't the answer at Mississippi State.

10. fishwrapper

fishwrapper Active Member

With that schedule, Willingham will be 2-9, too.

11. McNuggetsMan

McNuggetsMan Active Member

Pissing off the paranoid fanboys at NDNation is even easier than penetrating the Notre Dame offensive line. Anyone who reads that site becomes stupider for doing so.

12. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Carrol does a very good job. I've always been impressed with his work...

Weis is a cocksucker. Covering him must be a nightmare... I grew up rooting for the Fighting Irish, now I root for them to lose every game...

Draft saved Draft deleted