1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rate my Fantasy Football draft

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by HandsomeHarley, Sep 3, 2007.

1. Central-KY-Kid

Central-KY-Kid Well-Known Member

12-team snake draft for Yahoo!, picked seventh; draft lasted about two hours

- Peyton Manning
    - Marvin Harrison
    - Antonio Gates
    - Ahman Green
    - Andre Johnson
    - LaDell Betts
    - DeAngelo Williams
    - Adam Vinatieri
    - Broncos (Defense)
    - Devin Hester
    - Brett Favre
    - Michael Turner
    - Eddie Kennison
    - Joe Your-Vicious
    - Giants (Defense)
    - Phil Dawson

2. Gates in the third round is a steal ... could be a lot stronger at rb.

3. Hustle

Hustle Guest

In order (and my own draft at the end):

Pallister: Benson seems like a reach at two; doesn't seem like they're too enchanted with him. But as long as you have Manning, it doesn't matter much who else you have...

CI: Hope Romo was a good value pick, but a pretty solid group otherwise.

CKY: Agree with WB on RBs. I can't see Betts making a real impact unless Portis gets hurt; otherwise it's like 50-60 and a TD per game.

Anyway, 10-team snake with keepers, I drafted first after giving up on my team last year. My keepers were LJ and McNair (I tried to opt out of keeping two). In order: McGahee, Vince Young, Reggie Brown (yes, a reach, but I see good things), Vernon Davis, Boldin, Deion Branch, BAL defense, Anthony Gonzalez, Terry Glenn, Greg Olsen, Copper, Rackers, Michael Turner, Tony Hunt.

We also have a definitive 'shot list' for folks who violate various ground rules. I earned shots for: Brown (drafting someone from a favorite team), Baltimore (first to draft a defense), Terry Glenn (drafting a player who is/very likely to be injured; AKA The Fred Taylor Shot), and one because my wife was the first significant other to call during the draft. Other shot qualifications: first rookie, first kicker, first to take a leak, first to drop a deuce, picking previously-chosen players.

4. Eagleboy

Eagleboy Guest

Incredible. It makes me miss live drafts. I don't think I've been able to pull one off with more than four people in the past three years, and that includes baseball, basketball and football. Even being said, only three out of 12 showed up to our football online draft. Figure that one out.

5. pallister

pallister Guest

Well, he might be, but at that point, 15 RBs had been taken, and he was he only one left that didn't regularly split carres with another back or wasn't completely unproven. Yes, he hasn't endeared himself to his teammates, but if he stays healthy and runs for 1,200-plus yards, he'll have a lot more friends. Yet knowing the risks inherent in counting on Benson, I made sure to get RB depth with McAllister and Williams.

6. Hustle

Hustle Guest

15 off the board? Damn. I don't blame you then.

7. ChrisLittmann

ChrisLittmann Member

I would like very much to play in a league where someone doesn't take a running back for the first three rounds. Yikes.

10 teamer I've got, picking 5th: (Starting 1/2/2/1/1/1/1 -- the extra 1 is a flex)
    QB -- Rivers/Schaub
    RB -- Addai/McGahee/MBIII/J. Lewis/L. Washington/Droughns
    WR -- Harrison/Boldin/Driver/Curtis/Kennison
    TE -- Witten
    K -- Elam
    DEF -- Miami

My 12-teamer, picking 12th (Starting 1/2/3/1/1/1, no flex)
    QB -- Romo/Grossman
    RB -- Maroney/McGahee/F. Taylor/Davenport/Shipp/M. Anderson
    WR -- A. Jones/Cal. Johnson/Galloway/D. Bennett/C. Henry/Moulds
    TE -- Gates
    K -- Hanson
    D -- New England

One draft on Tuesday, and my last on Wednesday. Luckily that 12-teamer isn't for anything. I sort of got into a horrible coverup run of mediocre receivers, then neglected to get a solid fourth running back. I guess it's acceptable since there's no flex in that league.

Draft saved Draft deleted