1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rate Adrian Peterson's season

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by YGBFKM, Dec 30, 2012.

1. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

Some of my favorite Walter Payton stats are his rankings on the Bears' career passing chart.
    They've had 44 players throw at least 100 passes in their history. Payton is not among them (34 career attempts) yet ranks 33rd in franchise history in touchdown passes, with eight. He's also 58th in career passing yardage.
    Obviously, most of those were halfback passes. But it does speak to the historical awfulness of Bears quarterbacks.

2. Cubbiebum

Cubbiebum Member

I agree the Bears QB's are awful but him being above the worst of the worst speaks to how bad their worst QB's are. It doesn't really have anything to do with the guys in the top 32. I'd assume the Chargers have a similar breakdown with LT and his 7 TD passes.

In fact I just looked it up, despite just 12 passing attempts LT is t-18th in Chargers history with 7 TD passes. He's 50th in passing attempts.

Draft saved Draft deleted