1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ratatouille

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Twoback, Jul 5, 2007.

1. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

I loved it... Not as good as Incredibles though...

2. Mizzougrad96

It should be noted that my pick for the best film of the year (Sicko) is a documentary and not even in wide release yet... Good comparison though...

3. Agreed. Saw Wed last night and laughed the whole way through. Not as good as Knocked Up, but it was good.

4. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I didn't even notice that it was so long, and neither did my energetic and potty-trained 4-year-old. It certainly didn't seem that long.

5. Editude

Editude Active Member

Quite good, with a good theme (and well-handled ending). Not quite as funny as it could have been, and it seemed more geared toward adults than kids.

6. joe king

joe king Active Member

I haven't seen Ratatouille but I'm already sick of it. I hate the Disney promotion/marketing machine.

7. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Not saying much. Shrek3 sucked.

My 13 year old saw Ratatouille at a screening a week ago and said it was awesome. Tried to take the munchkins yesterday and the showings were sold out. I'll try again Saturday.

And the only purpose a movie reviewer serves for me is to tell me how many minutes the movie lasts (gotta plan down to the nanosecond these days) and if there is objectionable material in the flick. I pretty much read only the last paragraph of a review.

8. Idaho

Idaho Active Member

Is it really that long? The listing I saw had it at 110 minutes.

9. Mizzougrad96

It's shorter than two hours...

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I don't know about the movie. Ain't seen it yet.
    I do know years ago a friend took me out to eat and we ended up in some new wave vegetarian joint. "LOOK AT ME," I bellowed. "I EAT MEAT."

He said just to trust him and try something.
    So I had the ratatouille. Squish and a bunch of other veggies. REALLY REALLY good.
    So if you ain't into the movie, eat some ratatouille.

11. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

If License to Wed is actually a good movie, the trailer must be the most deceptive crap in movie history. And I don't understand the vitriol against critics; I usually find that when I go to movies they pan, I usually regret it.

12. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I have vitriol against critics because the way they write lends to them an air of superiority, and they take such convoluted twists in arriving at an opinion. It's just a movie review, not literature.

Draft saved Draft deleted