1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rat in the toilet

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Inky_Wretch, Feb 5, 2011.

1. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

There are 'good' rats:

Rolling Stone magazine, the most respected Rock & Roll magazine, has labeled The Good Rats as "the world's most famous unknown band." Rock stars like Kiss, Jon Bon Jovi and Billy Joel, along with celebrities like Alec Baldwin, Rosie O'Donnel and many others, are among the many fans of The Good Rats. The band is extremely proud to have been inducted into the Long Island Music Hall Of Fame along with Billy Joel, Kiss, The Ramones, Blue Oyster Cult, Pat Benetar, Barbra Streisand, Mariah Carey and more. Multi-platinum recording artist The Ramones and Public Enemy both paid tribute to The Good Rats at the Hall of Fame induction.

http://www.goodrats.com/bio.asp

Welcome to stuff in my head from the '70s.

2. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

Happy throne time, dyno. :)

3. dixiehack

dixiehack Well-Known Member

I would sell my house before using that toilet again.

4. mb

mb Active Member

That rat crawled to freedom through five hundred yards of shit smelling foulness I can't even imagine, or maybe I just don't want to. Five hundred yards... that's the length of five football fields, just shy of half a mile.
    And then Inky flushed his ass.

5. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

We went to dinner last night at this place across the FDR on the East River and we were walking along the river afterward. A giant rat came out of the snow and ran around us. My girlfiend saw him first and jumped about 40 feet in the year and let out a noise I have never heard before (unfortunately, but that's a different story). Then he saw us and ran about a 3.2 40 yard dash back into the snow and disappeared to god knows where.

Rats freak me out, but not that much. Like druenc, I have been around too many of them. They are all over the subways and I ride them a lot. I also live on the water, so my neighborhood is infested. When you are out at night, you might not notice them, because they are sly and try not to be noticed. But they are everywhere. More of them than people.

6. sostartled

sostartled Member

First time I ever saw a rat in DC I was walking with my wife and some friends. I thought I saw a squirrel run across the street and under a car, until it crossed 5 feet in front of us and scurried down an alley. I fucking pushed my wife in front of me as I jumped on a concrete barrier thing. I hate those little bastards so much.

7. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Bravo....

8. dreunc1542

dreunc1542 Active Member

My story to top them all, as far as rat stories go. My friends' apartment had a rat problem this past summer. They couldn't figure out where it was getting in, and it caused general chaos for a couple weeks. It was first seen running across the kitchen counter when one of them was making breakfast in the morning. And this thing was a full on large rat, not a mouse.

The biggest issue is that their apartment is where most of our friends crash when they stay overnight in the city. A couple of those staying over had unfortunate encounters. One girl went to pick up her bag in the morning and the thing jumped out and scurried away. Things finally reached a "holy fucking shit, we need to block every possible hole in the apt" level when one my morning my friend Nick woke up on their living room couch and the rat was on his bare leg. He freaked out and kicked it off. That day they figured out where it was getting in and blocked the hole and haven't had an issue since.

I've had mice in my apartment - I've had to kill 3 little ones that we've trapped. That's not pleasant and makes me feel like a huge asshole - and like I said I'm mostly used to mice, but having a sewer rat hanging around the apartment would have freaked me out so much.

9. HandsomeHarley

HandsomeHarley Well-Known Member

Not a rat problem, but I killed 10 field mice over the summer in my apartment.

Eight using old-school mousetraps (hey, they aren't HUMAN, so why should I be HUMANe!?)

One (the first one I found) was found in one of those tall, round sports-theme garbage cans. He (she?) apparently had run along my TV stand and hopped inside. The little bastard was exhausted from running circles in between desperate and furious hops trying to reach the top of the can. I did the only thing I could think of: Took an aluminum bat, threw some paper over its head and ... you know.

The other one actually got caught in a trap, but it was so fat that the trap snapped it in the midsection. The little bastard pulled the trap behind the oven and into the hole from whence it came, but couldn't quite get unglued. It was stuck only by one leg when I found him. He met Mr. Easton, too.

10. Dyno

Dyno Well-Known Member

WHY do I keep clicking on this thread??

11. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

12. Sam Mills 51

Sam Mills 51 Well-Known Member

Outing alert!

[​IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2014
Draft saved Draft deleted