1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rasmussen poll: Reporters are trying to help Obama win

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lyman_Bostock, Jul 21, 2008.

1. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I don't think I can name a single Rush song.

And this from the story...
    I find that fascinating.

2. D-Backs Hack

D-Backs Hack Guest

First, I thought Lyman felt that polls were meaningless.

Guess they're not meaningless if he likes what they say.

And if anyone wants to try and make a case of media bias against John McCain, well, this board isn't the only place you'd be laughed out of.

3. Beaker

Beaker Active Member

Aww, poor persecuted conservatives. Everyone is out to get you. ::)

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Poor bitter democrats. This election should be a slam dunk, but isn't that what they thought in 2000 and 2004?

5. GB-Hack

GB-Hack Active Member

It's American politics. Rarely is anything a slam dunk. Even when Clinton got re-elected, with all the states he carried, he only got 49.2% of the popular vote.

6. Perhaps this has something to do with the fact that the New York Times will publish an op-ed by Obama on Iraq, but deny that space to McCain?

Did someone say liberal media?

Who cares; the Times' stock has declined 394% in the past five years.

7. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

Are you retarded? They're not denying space to McCain. They've run more than a half-dozen McCain op-ed pieces in the past decade. The op-ed editor e-mailed McCain and asked for a new piece. The original (which I've read; have you?) was nothing more than a slam at Obama, and offered nothing to support McCain's position other than "THE SURGE IS WORKING!" The editor asked McCain for more details in his piece. McCain declined and instead whined about a LIBRUHL BIAS! Shut the fuck up and revise the piece, John.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Buh, buh, buh ... it's the lie-ber-al mee-dee-uh's fault!!!

9. Candidate A vs. Candidate B, yes.

I'm not sure this poll means much, either. But the perceptions are interesting, not to mention isolated.

10. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

SportsJournalists.com poll: St. Louis Cardinals take steroids.

11. jgmacg

jgmacg Guest

"Deny?"

Oy. Mr. Shipley sent the piece back to the McCain campaign for a rewrite. He asked that the author define "winning" in Iraq, since that concept lay at the heart of the piece.

And thanks for the stock tip. But in the interest of lasting more than 27 posts here you might want to keep in mind how many folks on this board actually work at, you know, newspapers.

12. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

Scoring a political point by blaming the media is easier.

Draft saved Draft deleted