1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rasmussen poll: Reporters are trying to help Obama win

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Lyman_Bostock, Jul 21, 2008.

1. No surprise here.

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/public_content/politics/election_20082/2008_presidential_election/belief_growing_that_reporters_are_trying_to_help_obama_win

2. spnited

spnited Active Member

all this proves is that a large portion of the American public is even dumber than I thought.

3. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

And they said reporters couldn't do more with less.

4. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

Hell, this board is proof of that.

5. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

I agree with that. With the coverage as evidence, most reporters wanted Obama to beat Hillary. That just translates into positive coverage in the fall.

6. PeteyPirate

PeteyPirate Guest

Just like most reporters wanted Bush to beat Gore in 2000.

7. spinning27

spinning27 New Member

What a shocker that a conservative polling firm like Ras would waste their time on a stupid poll like this.

8. Mizzougrad96

It's true.

9. Mizzougrad96

The HBO documentary of the 2000 election showed how much reporters loved W and how boring they thought Gore was.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

1. Don't all reporters root for interesting stories? Isn't Obama the candidate more interesting than candidate McCain?

2. Wouldn't that poll be the same no matter who was running for the Republicans and Democrats? After all, the Dittoheads have hammered the "liberal media" myth for years now. Hell, I bet if McCain was running with a D and Obama with an R, the results would be the same.

3. Who got that box of donuts and standing ovation at the AP editors conference?

11. Football_Bat

Football_Bat Well-Known Member

So?

Forty-one percent of voters still believed Saddam caused 9/11 a little over a year ago.

http://tribunewx.wunderground.com/data/images/at200804_model.gif

Hey Rasmussen, how about mixing in a poll of the reporters THEMSELVES?

Methinks that might be a smidge more accurate. But that's just me.

12. Dickens Cider

Dickens Cider New Member

You're a fucking idiot. If more than 10 people here are political reporters, I'd be shocked.

Draft saved Draft deleted