1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rashida Jones - off The Office?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by lantaur, May 16, 2007.

1. lantaur

lantaur Well-Known Member

NY Times reports Fox is picking up the pilot in which Rashida Jones is a cast member. I'd think that would mean she won't be back on The Office next season ...

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/05/17/arts/television/17fox.html?ref=media

2. JayFarrar

JayFarrar Well-Known Member

"You have an exotic look. Was your father in the Army?"

3. Someone brought this up on the Office thread: This makes it probable that she'll get the corporate job over Michael and Jim. Hope they come up with some more twists on top of that.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

I remain the only one in the world hoping that Jim stays with Karen. It's a losing battle I know.

5. For plot reasons or do you really prefer her over Pam?

6. Flying Headbutt

Both actually, but more that I prefer her over Pam than anything else. I just don't want another Sam and Diane.

7. Because you didn't like Sam and Diane's relationship or because you'd hate to see The Office steal a concept from a successful show?

Jim and Pam are not hard-headed like Sam and Diane. They'd probably take two hours just to decide where to go to dinner ... or they would go to the same place every night.

8. Flying Headbutt

I think in both instances the tension and "what if..." of each is pretty compelling. And you're right, since Jim and Pam aren't as hard-headed, they'll have to come up with new ways to make the relationship interesting. I'm sure they will, but I like the tension better.

Besides, Karen is cooler. And hotter.

9. Jenna Fischer is way hotter. Period.

Rashida Jones is very cute. Not Jenna Fischer.

[​IMG]

10. NDub

NDub Guest

Jay, didn't he say something like "Was your father in Vietnam?" in there somewhere? God that was humorous.

11. Bob Slydell

Bob Slydell Active Member

Exactly. Give me Pam any day of the week.

12. BigRed

BigRed Active Member

I like Rashida, although I'm not familiar with her other than The Office.
    Googled her, and I had no idea she was both Jewish and Quincy Jones' daughter.. I never would have guessed that.
    http://www.ajlmagazine.com/content/012007/rashidajones.html

Draft saved Draft deleted