1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rarest sight in baseball?

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by mike311gd, Jun 15, 2007.

1. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

anything Sergio Garcia does that does not piss me off

2. leo1

leo1 Active Member

it's an absurd prediction. while you generally have to be having a great night to pitch a no-hitter, it also takes a ton of luck.

3. three_bags_full

three_bags_full Well-Known Member

I saw it while calling a 17-18 summer league game once. And blew the shit out of it. Kid was way safe, and guess who called him out:

<====== This Guy

4. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Nice call, Halpert.

Still queer?

5. Rambler

Rambler Member

July 26, 1987: Paul Molitor ties a major-league record by stealing 2B, 3B, and home in the first inning of Milwaukee's 7–4 win over the A's.

I was on hand. Probably very drunk but I remember it well. It actually took us a while to figure out what he'd done.
    Also, if I remember correctly, it was Reggie Jackson's last-ever game at County Stadium. But the fans couldn't acknowledge it because he was tossed early from the game for arguing a called strike three.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

I think I was working at Ross Dress for Less that day, putting away "Women's World" bras and panties and moo-moos.

7. statrat

statrat Member

How about Pat Borders being sent in as a pinch-runner? Saw this once in a triple-A game. He promptly got picked off first. Which was a good thing, because the next guy hit an inside the park home run to win the game with two outs in the ninth. He probably would have passed Borders somewhere between first and second.

8. leo1

leo1 Active Member

speaking of that, i think it's cool when the runners are only a couple of feet apart and the catcher has to try and tag two guys at the same time.

9. Tommy_Dreamer

Tommy_Dreamer Well-Known Member

You want rare in baseball

Cubs win ... Cubs win

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

One of those was a perfect game.

And, coincidentally, his no-hitter ("Tomorrow I'll Be Perfect") against Cleveland in 1990 was on ESPN Classic Canada last night.

Young's career loss record is probably even more unreachable than his career win mark. Really can't see anyone being allowed to hang around the majors long enough to rack up a record-breaking 319 losses.

11. westcoastvol

westcoastvol Active Member

Morganna the Kissing Bandit raising her tits up above her knees long enough to run out and smooch on a player.

12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Someone pitch high and tight to Barry Bonds, move his fat ass and Kevlar covered arms off the plate. And when he creeps back over the plate, drill him between the 2 & 5

Draft saved Draft deleted