1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rare Sports Items

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KevinmH9, Feb 10, 2009.

1. That is pretty awesome. I would love to find one of those.

I just got a 1995 one signed by Chipper Jones for Christmas this year that I'm happy about.

2. JR

JR Well-Known Member

I have (somewhere) A Toronto Blue Jays 1985 "American League Champions" pennant.

Fuckin' Jim Sundberg.

3. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

I've got two tickets from the first Jays game at Exhibition Stadium. Actually, I've got four - two in glass, two in the original paper pockets.

4. JakeandElwood

JakeandElwood Well-Known Member

Wow, you're right. That's really cool.

5. DrewWilson

DrewWilson Member

Aren't you forgetting the rarest item you have ... Brook Jacoby himself, who is locked up in your basement.

6. Fucking rat.

7. playthrough

playthrough Moderator Staff Member

I've got a Seattle Supersonics NBA Champs t-shirt from the year they played Chicago. My Dad used to work for the screen-printing company that made 'em and shipped the losers' shirts to Africa or wherever.

8. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

That's right. Fuck Jim Sundberg. (Although George Brett, my all-time fave non-Jay, killed the Jays in that series.)

I have a poster from the Tyson-Holyfield fight that was supposed to be held in Nov. 1991 but was scrapped because Tyson said he was hurt then he ended up going to the joint for rape. Don't think it's worth much, especiually since they fought twice, but it's an interesting collectible.

Draft saved Draft deleted