1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rapist contacts victim 21 years later; victim presses charges

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by buckweaver, Feb 25, 2007.

1. Did it say anything about alleged co-conspirators he apparently agreed to name for lenience?

2. HeinekenMan

HeinekenMan Active Member

Most guys only serve half the time, so I'd expect him to hit the streets in time for Christmas. Maybe he'll be your kid's department store Santa.

3. Only if your state still has parole.

4. boots

boots New Member

No it is not. For example, you may have never robbed a bank but have been in a bank when it was robbed. That means you have first-hand knowledge but no experience.

5. Pringle

Pringle Active Member

I've wondered how the hell someone can go through with something like a rape. I mean, you are aware from the time you first learn about sex what a horrible violation it is and that it's a crime second only to murder, IMO.

So what's the mentality that causes it? I guess my guess would be that most perpetrators keep thinking that if they keep going, eventually the woman will be so swept off her feet that she'll change her mind. And I'm talking more of the date rape/drunken college boy rapes - not the psychopath jump out of a shadow and throw a woman down at knifepoint rapes. That, I realize, is just purely evil, and people like that do exist.

6. So by your analogy you either saw someone in jail have a time he'll "never forget" or you did.

7. boots

boots New Member

It's not an analogy and no I have never been in jail. Let's just leave it at that.

8. You're comparing your "first-hand" experience with what sounds a lot like jail rape ... to being a victim/witness in a bank robbery. That's an analogy.

Trust me, I don't want to hear any more. ;)

9. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

we probably should leave him alone even though he doesn't know what the hell he's talking about write ... from reading other threads it's easy to see he's had a bad day and he refuses to admit he's wrong.

10. boots

boots New Member

Tom Petty:
    You are either a jack ass or stupid. I haven't figured out which one nor do I care to. I KNOW EXACTLY what I'm talking about here. You don't need to know EVERY FREAKING detail.
    You get on every thread and become the troll. If that's your thing, which apparently it is, fine. You need either a friend or a hug and since you can't find either, you get on these boards.
    There are times when you ACTUALLY bring something to the table. However of late, your cheap shots have been just that, cheap shots.
    Take what I'm writing to heart. You may learn something meaningful.

11. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

I just love what this thread has become...

12. Tom Petty

Tom Petty Guest

how's the pipeline coming fucktard?

and troll, really? you are the very definition. troll up some more on drew, you fucking jackass.
    take that to heart.

Draft saved Draft deleted