1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Rape, teaching and rape." "You said rape twice." "I like rape."

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by poindexter, Jul 5, 2012.

1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

The "rape twice" line may make it in a Hangover II today.

"jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots" would never make it today.

2. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

You mean Hangover III?

3. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

For alot of the lines, it would depend on who the director is.
    All the lines with racial overtones would be more likely to get a pass if it was an African-American directing as opposed to a Jewish white guy.

All the lines related to sex (this thread title, the Kansas City faggots line, the French Mistake dance routine) would likelier get an easier pass if the director was known for that type of comedy as opposed to a newcomer.

4. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

Teacher, please! I am not from Havana.

5. Batman

Batman Well-Known Member

After seeing "Ted" I'd agree with this. There were more than a few ethnic jokes in there that had me astonished Seth MacFarlane attempted them. Given his track record on TV, though, he's one that seems able to pull it off.

6. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

She wanted another Schnitzengruber

7. SockPuppet

SockPuppet Active Member

Seth MacFarlane > political correctness.

8. Spartan Squad

Spartan Squad Well-Known Member

15 is apparently her limit on schnitzengruber ... and age of men to be interested in too

9. MTM

MTM Well-Known Member

I guess we know what the answer was when she asked the boy if he wanted to play chess or screw.

10. Double J

Double J Active Member

My mind is blown to realize that, when they would show the movie on TV, the old lady's line, "Up yours, nigger," was edited to, "Out of my way, nigger."

So, "Up yours" was taboo, but "nigger" wasn't. Boy, have times ever changed.

Oh, and, this. ^

11. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

or dock that chink a day's pay for napping on the job and a few other lines wouldn't either.

12. 93Devil

93Devil Well-Known Member

Handcars are expensive.

Draft saved Draft deleted