1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rank the NFL coaches 1-32

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Mizzougrad96, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

I'm curious as to why you want to me to explain how he would have had trouble in Detroit.
    My question/statement was, "I wonder how he'd have done in Detroit."
    I never said, "Walsh probably would have done poorly in Detroit."
    Again ... "I wonder how he'd have done in Detroit." Not, "He wouldn't have done well in Detroit."

Carry move on.

2. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Questioning whether or not Bill Walsh could turn around a bad franchise at best demonstrates ignorance of his career. I guess I can understand running away from that type of statement.

3. Blitz

Blitz Active Member

Ignorance is a word you use freely, like some pompous bitch.
    I know all about Bill Walsh, but you and nobody else here knows whether he'd have "done well in Detroit."
    We can all speculate about it, though. Just won't ever have an answer.
    Pompous bitch.

4. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

I can remember watching the last game of that regular season, when they got their ass kicked in by the Rams on ESPN, and everyone was saying they were going to get roughed up in their first playoff game.

NFLN is having some stuff on tomorrow afternoon on those 49ers teams.

5. Mizzougrad96

Mizzougrad96 Active Member

The Niners were 2-14 the season before Walsh took over. Three years later, they won a Super Bowl. I think he's the only coach to end his NFL career with a Super Bowl win. If memory serves, Lombardi went back to coach the Skins after retiring after SBII.

Draft saved Draft deleted