1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rank the best SJ Inside Jokes

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Chef2, Jul 13, 2016.

1. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

My Top 5.

5. Backdoor boots
    4. Pulling a DB.
    3. The poin files.
    2. Pickle juice
    1. The Client

Flash likes this.
  2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

3. Earthman

Earthman Well-Known Member

Being so new here not familiar with any so I asked a friend and they passed this on to me. I guess this was a post from Pickel Juice:

Hello everyone!! Happy Holidays.

I am writing because I think I have decided to make a career change. I have been in the cutlery business for 12 years, but I have lost interest in it. I'm a mother of two grown kids, and now I want to do what I enjoy! Which is writing.

I love the NFL and can't wait for Sundays in the fall. My favorite team is the Miami Dolphins! (I know, I know ... maybe next year!) In fact I've been writing a book about NFL fans who are women, but I haven't decided whether to get it published. I guess by now you can tell where I'm going with this!

Basically, I'm looking for your advice. I think I'd make a great NFL writer and would prefer to write on the Dolphins or be a predictions columnist, but I know these jobs don't fall off trees and that my lack of journalism experience might make getting a chance to prove myself difficult. But could I expect to get a tryout?? Do they even have tryouts?

I'd be willing to write about the NBA or NHL (whenever it comes back) for a while if it means proving myself. I've been reading on here about journalismjobs and APSE boards, but Ive been checking those and haven't seen any NFL writing jobs listed. Does anyone know where they might be listed?? Do you have any leads?? Or should I just call newspapers directly and see what they have to offer.

Lugnuts likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Hi Sandy!

Lugnuts likes this.
  5. Chef2

Chef2 Well-Known Member

6. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

7. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

____is a good place to get your ass kicked.

8. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Earthman being new here is in my Top 10.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

No matter where you're reading this, it's just 15 minutes away from Lake Tahoe.

Flash, Lugnuts, jpetrie18 and 5 others like this.
  10. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Roswell, Martinsville. Release the hounds.

11. TyWebb

TyWebb Well-Known Member

This list is provably, demonstrably lacking something.

Lugnuts, bigpern23, cjericho and 5 others like this.
  12. Ace

Ace Well-Known Member

Modest Chef the podiatrist

Lugnuts, KYSportsWriter and Chef2 like this.
Draft saved Draft deleted