1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rank the best 4-2 SEC Team

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by footballworld, Oct 7, 2007.

1. Del_B_Vista

Del_B_Vista Active Member

That's what I meant to type. Thanks for the catch.

2. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

Minor threadjack here, but Georgia can make the same argument ... they play Auburn and Georgia Tech every year. To their credit they're trying to schedule intersectional games, with moderate success. They won't agree to Notre Dame's terms (two in South Bend for one in Athens), and my understanding was Michigan turned them down. Oregon backed out of a tentative deal. So they're stuck with one Oklahoma State and one western Carolina-type game. There's still an open home date on their schedule for 2008, and it'll be interesting to see how that will play out.

Anyhow, as far as this season goes, they're still something of an enigma.

3. HoopsMcCann

HoopsMcCann Active Member

agree except for the last statement. they suck

4. novelist_wannabe

novelist_wannabe Well-Known Member

They sucked Saturday, no question. If they lose to Vanderbilt again, I'll acquiesce on long-term suckage ...

5. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

http://www.ajc.com/blogs/content/shared-blogs/ajc/sportscolumns/entries/2007/10/06/bad_bulldogs_sh.html

Schultz's lead on his Sunday column was hilarious. And a great point.

6. doctor x

doctor x Member

For what it's worth, Florida opens 2008 with Hawaii (granted, sans Colt Brennan) and Miami (granted, down), both at home. No nonconference cupcakes until The Citadel just before FSU.

7. Hammer Pants

Hammer Pants Active Member

I had seen that. I would think regardless of this season's results, the Gators will be preseason No. 1 next season (bringing nearly the whole damn team back), but that schedule is brutal.

At home: Hawaii, Miami, Ole Miss, LSU, Kentucky, South Carolina, The Citadel
    Away: Tennessee, Arkansas, Vanderbilt, Florida State
    Neutral: Georgia

If they go undefeated against that schedule, they will have to be considered one of the best teams of all time. Yuck.

Draft saved Draft deleted