1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Randy Edsall=douchebag

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Johnny Chase, Feb 19, 2012.

1. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

Aaron Rodgers' brother is a Vandy QB too, right?

2. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

http://www.vucommodores.com/sports/m-footbl/mtt/rodgers_jordan00.html

3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

I watched Rodgers play last year. I liked him a lot.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Well, there's a shock. Perhaps Coach Douche got tired of people ripping on his ass for taking away people's rights to the pursuit of happiness.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

I doubt it. It's pretty clear he couldn't care less about anyone else's happiness. More likely that he got pressure from the administration and was worried about what it would do to recruiting.

6. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

UConn's first season in the Big East was 2004 when Miami and VT were long gone and BC had one foot out the door. Anderson was obviously impressed by Edsall's big win in 2009 against Notre Dame. Just like Cheesy Steve Pederson hired Todd Graham based on his big road win against Notre Dame when he was at Tulsa.

7. jr/shotglass

Well, again, Phil Martelli's been sleeping soundly for a few months now.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

I have no love lost for Randy Edsall. It's too bad his last name isn't spelled Edsel. It'd be yet another failure for that name.

Since I'm taking a graduate management class this semester, it's made me think about how I'd handle all the defections from the team if this were the business world and Edsall were my direct report. At the very, very, very least, we'd have to have a conversation about his managerial style.

He needs to be fired last week.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

He got shredded too. One big difference though, is that Martelli's player was a mediocre big man who didn't get much playing time. Edsall's guy was a quarterback who was ACC Rookie of the Year.

10. jr/shotglass

I'm with you. Difference most definitely noted.

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Meanwhile, the folks at the ACC have douchebag's back:

http://www.tennessean.com/article/20120222/SPORTS0602/120222007/Updated-ACC-files-complaint-against-Vanderbilt-football?odyssey=tab|topnews|text|FRONTPAGE

12. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

Draft saved Draft deleted