1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random trip to Toronto

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Aug 15, 2007.

1. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Jesus Christ, JR and EE94. It's all about OPINIONS. Is it really necessary to be assholes because someone doesn't like the same kind of bar you do?

The guy asked for suggestions. Each person offered some. You can weigh in, but please, dear god, don't slag on the other guy because you think one place is a hole or you think an entire area of the city is shit.

2. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

Why can't everyone get along? The same thing in the hot topic in the journalism thread. People, whether you agree or disagree, give respect and you will get it back and be civil. Don't be nasty to whomever just to get your point across. Everyone's opinion is important and matters.

3. JR

JR Well-Known Member

This thread was going along swimmingly until EE94 chimed in with his opinion on where a gentleman should take his bride.

4. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

So why not let him look like the asshole, instead of you returning fire?

5. JR

JR Well-Known Member

IJAG, how long you known me? :)

6. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

Touché.

7. Cansportschick

Cansportschick Active Member

I second that one. JR, I need to buy you a drink when I arrive up there I think :)

8. JR

JR Well-Known Member

How did you get the accent on the "e"?

9. imjustagirl2

imjustagirl2 New Member

I typed it in a word document, then copied and pasted.

You can also do it off any Web site if you find one. Maybe there's a trick here, but I always copy and paste.

10. wickedwritah

wickedwritah Guest

And today's pot-kettle-black award goes to ...

11. Huggy

Huggy Well-Known Member

Hey, what can I say, I like shitholes and knuckle rooms. Some do.

12. BRoth

BRoth Member

Great trip, aside from the horrendous traffic getting in and out of Toronto. I don't know how it usually is, but the QEW was the worst traffic I've been in a long time since Los Angeles.

Great call on the Irish Embassy. Great good and the Embassy stout is among my favorite stouts now.

Thanks for the tips again

Draft saved Draft deleted