1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Freelance Hack, Sep 22, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Texas106

Texas106 New Member

I thought it was Beano Cook holding all of Ron Powlus' Heismans.

First-time caller, long-time listener. 8)

Tex

2. buckweaver

buckweaver Active Member

It startled me when I woke up to Mozart playing on my iTunes this morning. NIN came on right after that. Hmm, maybe that's what startled me more.

Why are sunsets such different colors depending on where you are in the country? Are they like proverbial snowflakes in that they're never the same on two different nights?

There is no greater Gatorade flavor than Citrus Cooler. Thank me later.

Fuck cold weather.

3. ThomsonONE

ThomsonONE Member

The censored Looney Tunes are out there, you have to search for them on the net. Every now and then a collector that owns prints of them has a showing at a theater, keep an eye out. And make sure you see "Coal Black and the Sebben Dwarves", unbelievabley racist.

4. Two random thoughts.

1. Did you know that September is Be Kind To Editors and Writers Month?

2. Larry - name the baby "Next". That way whenever someone asks "Who's next?" - they can say "I am". Works for either gender.

5. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

funny you mention that, because "Next" is at the top of our list, and my in-laws will refer to the baby as "Prochaine".

6. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

Random thoughts:

* My pirate name is Dirty Jack Roberts
    * My stripper name ought to be Red Alert
    * I need to spend more weekends at the lake with my son, like I did last week
    * Teaching adult students in a business environment is actually pretty cool
    * I have the hots for two of my former students and am debating asking them out
    * I absolutely should have bought stock in Frito Lay. For all the f-ing bags of Doritos I could through (I'm a bag-a-day eater) I should be getting something in return other than orange fingers and Dorito breath.

7. Trey Beamon

Trey Beamon Active Member

If you want pearly whites, stay away from Mountain Dew Code Red.

8. Ashy Larry

Ashy Larry Active Member

I'd probably lay off the Doritos before asking out your former students.......

9. alleyallen

alleyallen Guest

I think, in figuring out the equation of the situation, yes you're right, I should subtract said Doritos. My bigger concern is whether or not it's a violation of any fraternization policy. I don't really want to go up to my boss, who is herself pretty hot and single, and say, "Hey, is it OK if I take out one of my former students for a night of steamy skin slapping?"

10. Flip Wilson

Flip Wilson Well-Known Member

Our daughter was born early in the morning and we didn't name her until late that night. Our son was born early afternoon and was a day-and-a-half old when we decided on his name.

11. Freelance Hack

Freelance Hack Active Member

It's a rainy Friday morning here. The rooftop party I was to attend tonight probably will be canceled.

Not that it was a big deal. They were going to use satellite radio (or even Muzak) instead of a DJ.

12. Double J

Double J Active Member

Why don't you phrase it thusly: "Wanna come out with me and two of my former students for a night of steamy skin slapping?"

I mean, nobody is really saying you have to choose between the three of them, right? They might even want to share the money shot. :) The point is, you'll never know unless you ask.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.