1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts the Third

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

2. Just_An_SID

Just_An_SID Well-Known Member

Watch one Slingshot video with the female passengers privates falling out of their tops and that is all that shows up on your news feed. At least that is what a friend tells me.

I Should Coco likes this.
  3. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

I just watched a YouTube video showing the current ages of pretty much every major actor whose work I've enjoyed. The youngest are 75-80, and it just goes up from there.
    Of course, I'll be 53 later this year, but holy cow.

4. goalmouth

goalmouth Well-Known Member

I stopped returning my shopping cart to the corral. Around here supermarkets frequently have employees with various disabilities collecting the carts, so it's a very valuable job for an actual human to gather the carts, an dI also let all market staff know how much I appreciate what they're doing.

(And FUCK union job killer self checkout, and automated Amazon Fresh stores, while we're at it.)

Neutral Corner likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm 67. The actors that were a little older than me, maybe 10, 12, 15 years older, they're all eighty-something now. If they haven't made a headline because they croaked here lately.

Driftwood likes this.
  6. Driftwood

Driftwood Well-Known Member

There was a big blowup yesterday where the NY Post was stalking and harassing Gene Hackman. The dude is 94, a Marine, and hasn't made a movie in 20 years. Leave him alone.

Liut and Neutral Corner like this.
  7. justgladtobehere

justgladtobehere Well-Known Member

Eric B and Rakim: Top five all-time?

8. Songbird

The best of all time.

And not just because of Follow the Leader or Paid in Full ... or even for Rakim's solo stuff.

This is peak Eric B and Rakim.

9. justgladtobehere

Better than Wu Tang? Wow.

10. Songbird

Eric B and Rakim and everyone else.

But I like the best to be a team of 5 with a captain.

Eric B and Rakim
    Boogie Down Productions
    Public Enemy
    (Probably) Tupac

You can add a 5th.

Eric B and Rakim are the captain of the team.

11. justgladtobehere

No love for the Wu?

They made the stupidest, craziest album of all-time. There are books written about it.

12. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

Ian Fleming was thinking of killing off James Bond after writing From Russia, With Love. In the novel, Rosa Klebb successfully stabs Bond with her shoe blade. The End.

Draft saved Draft deleted