1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Thoughts the Third

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by Versatile, Jun 27, 2012.

1. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

I just got to thinking, why the hell were the Brooklyn Dodgers called the Dodgers?

So I looked it up: Originally back in 1895, they were known as the Trolley Dodgers. Within a few years, it was shortened to just the Dodgers.

I immediately had mental images of people doing that. Yep, that fits! Neat!

Anyway, this is a good thread topic. I have random thoughts all the time.

Carry on...

2. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

If China was going to open a chain of generic, overpriced American food, it would be called Buffalo Express.

maumann likes this.
  3. Yesterday, I tried fatback.

It was terrible.

Vombatus likes this.
  4. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

Ever had chitlins?

I did once, and it tasted like shit was still in the tube.

Plus the things were chewy. As in trying to chew a superball. Chew chew chew and getting absolutely nowhere.

5. No. I would try them though.
    We stopped at some southern Sunday buffet and they had these little, hard curls on the bar. I thought maybe they were onion rings, curly fries. Nope. It was fatback. It was HARD as a rock.

6. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

Reading a non-rhyming children's book after 3 or 4 rhyming ones is always a bit of a mind-#$@#

Hermes and OscarMadison like this.
  7. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

The Yahoo front page is absolutely obsessed with how sexy Elizabeth Hurley looks in one bikini or another. Every day there is a "story" about her.

I do click on every damn one of them, so maybe they are just providing the content because they know I will click. Wait, I'm the one obsessed with Elizabeth Hurley. Now it makes sense.

8. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

I always wondered what happened to Dennis Hopper's photojournalist character from Apocalypse Now in a way I've never wondered about a character.

So, I think he'd write a best-selling book about his experiences....then teach at UCLA or something.

10. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

More than Private Joker's journalism career after Vietnam?

11. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

There are many worse ways to spin your wheels.

Now, try this one on and see how it fits ...
    Baywatch Alum Donna D'Errico Claps Back at Claims She's 'Too Old to Wear a Bikini'

garrow likes this.
Draft saved Draft deleted