1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

random question about Morgantown, WV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Mar 8, 2007.

1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Many years ago at my college paper, a friend of mine wrote a story about an upcoming game against West Virginia. He entitled the file "Hoopies Rape Sheep."

Amazingly enough, this never did come back to bite him in the ass. But to this day, any time I see a reference to WVU, that simple phrase always pops into my mind.

2. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

I know the Youghiogheny is nearby in Pennsylvania. The rafting there's supposed to be pretty good.
    I'm hoping to get in a three-day trip this spring, class 4-5, but that's out my my way. A long way from Morgantown.
    Anyway, Ohiopyle is there in the southwest corner of Penn. I think you can trips there that class 2-5.

3. micropolitan guy

micropolitan guy Well-Known Member

I think the movie, "They burn couches, don't they?" was filmed there.

4. Smasher_Sloan

Smasher_Sloan Active Member

Congratulations to your friend and his cousin on their marriage.

5. BYH

BYH Active Member

That made me laugh extremely hard.

Be careful though. West Virginia has as many devout fans around here as The Sporting News. One. But he's vocal.

6. outofplace

Most "special" people are.

7. EStreetJoe

EStreetJoe Well-Known Member

Had an ex-girlfriend that attended Ohio U. When we talked about the college experience she never mentioned it was a party school. ::)

8. Fuck you all. I hope DOH lays the smack down.

9. outofplace

There is a tractor in the parking lot, license plate E-I-E-I-O...

10. Dude, you're a fan of all things Pittsburgh, and you're calling West Virginians hicks?

11. outofplace

Exactly.

And hey, I'm not the the announcer who did that. I laughed like hell when I heard about it (wasn't there that day), but I didn't do it.

12. Herbert Anchovy

Herbert Anchovy Active Member

Raise a flagon to Morgantown's finest.

http://www.morgantown.com/donknotts.htm

For the people who ride out the same lame ass West Virginia jokes, I'd put Morgantown's art district up against most college towns.

Draft saved Draft deleted