1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

random question about Morgantown, WV

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by BRoth, Mar 8, 2007.

1. BRoth

BRoth Member

aside from the plethora of college bars, is there anything else to the town? The reason I ask is because I have a friend getting married there this summer and we're trying to plan stuff for the bachelor party. any ideas if you're familiar at all?

2. Angola!

Angola! Guest

Surely it has some strip clubs.

3. I haven't been there since I became of age, but I think it does. It's an underrated party school/town.

4. Flying Headbutt

Flying Headbutt Moderator Staff Member

It has a prison.

5. Underrated? WVU has long been among the Top 5 party schools in the country, despite heir David Hardesty's best attempts to turn it into the "Harvard of the Hills" (his words).

There used to be a couple of bars (which I never went to) outside of town. One was actually co-owned by a guy who was co-editor of the Daily Athenaeum at some point. I still owe that guy $100 bucks. Not because of the strip club, however.

You could play golf out at Cheat Lake. There may be a Hooters now (though Chik N' Bones and the Sports Page remain among top bars in the area).

Also, you could light upholstery on fire. It manages to make everything more festive.

6. Buck

Buck Well-Known Member

Loved the place when I was in college. That was 17 years ago.
    Not too far from good whitewater, if you're into that.

7. Sorry, I don't normally keep track of those ratings. When I think party schools, I think Miami (Fla.), Colorado, Florida State, etc. WVU doesn't usually spring to mind.

8. BRoth

BRoth Member

as far as party schools go, my friend has told me that morgantown annually consumes roughly 1% of the nation's alcohol intake. while i tend to take that with a large block of salt, i've been there on a weekend and can admit it's entirely possible.

9. Nothing celebrates two people starting a life together quite like setting a couch on fire.

10. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Ohio kicks WVUs ass when it comes to partying. Buncha redneck, coal miners' kids :D

11. You shouldn't say that about Missoulans.

12. sportschick

sportschick Active Member

Naw, I'd call them a buncha redneck, loggers' kids.

Draft saved Draft deleted