1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random poll of the day: How much have you spent on iTunes?

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by KYSportsWriter, Dec 4, 2010.

?

How much?

1. $0-100

16 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. $101-200

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  3. $201-300

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  4. $301-400

2 vote(s)
    6.3%
  5. $401-above

7 vote(s)
    21.9%
  1. KYSportsWriter

KYSportsWriter Well-Known Member

Since I started legally downloading music on iTunes in April 2008, I've spent nearly $470 on music and apps.

How much have you spent?

2. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

Spent 99 cents.

My aunt wanted me to do the music for her wedding, and I forgot one of the songs she wanted. Was able to download it onto my iPhone and play it. That would make a great commercial.

The rest of it, I get from the library.

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

$2.99 for the movie Major League when I was in a hotel and wanted something to watch
    $1.99 (I think) for Zambrano's no-hitter
    $9.99 for the Slumdog Millionaire soundtrack when my wife wanted it.

I think that's about it.

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

What?? RickStain spent money?!?!?

5. J-School Blue

J-School Blue Member

I try to only buy single songs once in a blue moon since I subscribed to Emusic about a year ago. http://www.emusic.com/

If we're counting that as "money spent legally downloading music," I make a point to spend my full balance every month. Which runs in the $11 and change per month range.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I'm all about spending money on something if I think I'll get enjoyment out of it equal to what I'm spending. I just hold that to a high standard.

7. imjustagirl

imjustagirl Active Member

I have no idea how much I've spent. But it's been less than 5 albums and a handful of individual songs. So I hit $0-100.

8. farmerjerome

farmerjerome Active Member

Oh boy, I guess I'm the leader in the clubhouse. I've had an iPod since 2004, and I've downloaded about 1,000 songs. I've probably got about $200 in giftcards over that span. I rarely buy CDs anymore, maybe two or three a year, so you could say almost my entire entertainment budget goes towards iTunes.

Keep in mind that I work in a CD store for years, so music is a much more important part of my life than the average Jane. I've curbed my spending a lot in the past two years too.

9. Gomer

Gomer Active Member

Decided to go to my account and add it all out - $163.47. It's about to go way up now that Limewire is down.

10. Brian

Brian Well-Known Member

I'm guessing around a thousand dollars.

11. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

I'm in the ballpark of $300 to $400, but I very rarely use it anymore. I subscribe to eMusic, and what I don't get there I download from Amazon.

12. Turtle Wexler

Turtle Wexler Member

Good question. Was thinking about this just last night. For a few years iTunes gift cards were a go-to gift for my brother so I've gotten several.

Remember to back up those music and movie files, folks. If your computer goes kaput, all that money is lost.

Draft saved Draft deleted