1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Random Fact About Me ...

Discussion in 'Anything goes' started by AMacIsaac, Feb 24, 2009.

1. dooley_womack1

dooley_womack1 Well-Known Member

The Beach Boy? Cool.

2. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

Wow. If I didn't already know your real name and age, I'd swear it was Alan Benson and you were in my Grade 4 class.

3. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

Backstory?

4. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I have a faint scar on my upper lip where my uncle's deaf Scottie bit me when I was four.

5. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

If memory serves, we were playing soccer at recess and Kenny P. tripped Alan and Alan dove face first into the goal post, so he lost his front teeth.

Kenny also stabbed me in the left hand with a pencil. The lead remains and I have a blue spot on my heart line.

6. slappy4428

slappy4428 Active Member

My first movie crush was Samantha Eggar in Doctor Dolittle when I was 6.

7. Johnny Dangerously

Johnny Dangerously Well-Known Member

People who are on several social networks ... how do you decide what to repeat about yourself from one site to the others? Are the random facts about you on Twitter different than what you post about yourself on Facebook or MySpace or any of the others out there? Does one group of people warrant/justify one type of detail, and another group of people ("friends"?) is privy to just certain types of info? And because it's all on the same Web, is it naive to think posting something on one site will keep people who read the other sites from finding out something about you? Once it's out there, isn't it out there?

I'm just trying to understand. It seems like an awful lot of upkeep and maintenance to have multiple sites about oneself.

8. forever_town

forever_town Well-Known Member

Former Ozzy Osbourne, Quiet Riot and Whitesnake and current Blue Oyster Cult bassist Rudy Sarzo is one of my distant relatives. And to top that, he found ME on the Internet and contacted me first.

9. mustangj17

mustangj17 Active Member

Mike Babcock and I frequent the same Little Caesars

10. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

That doesn't sound like a random fact about you.

11. AMacIsaac

AMacIsaac Guest

I <3 you.

And you, too.

12. I wear a size 13 in Nikes and a size 12 in every other brand of shoe.

Draft saved Draft deleted